Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tiffany Box Blue Room!

Stefanie from Brooklyn Limestone designed this fabulous office. Such a perfect room to gather inspiration in designing a sophisticated girls room. Stefanie is quite the talented designer - make sure to check out her blog. She describes the process, "This being my work space - I wanted this room to be fun. I gave myself permission to be a little bit whimsical in here because it was entirely for me. Space was limited so I figured this would be a good room to pick a color I was drawn to over a neutral. I've always loved this shade of aqua - reminiscent of that favorite blue Tiffany box. I didn't want to spend a lot in here so I turned to Ikea for the two major furniture pieces - the desk and the sideboard. Right scale for the room and a little more little more contemporary without breaking the bank."

What gave you the idea for the room? Anything special that inspired you?
I didn't have a specific room as inspiration but the aqua blue color was definitely the jumping off point. This room was entirely for me so I wanted to do something that was a little bit wilder than I would pick for any other room in the house. (I used Benjamin Moore Waterfall).

Any do-it-yourself projects?
The birds painted on the window (using craft store acrylic paint) was a diy. The other diy are the two smaller gold frames over the sideboard. I had found both of those in the garbage pile of a Soho art gallery a while back. I cut out a piece of pegboard from Home Depot for one and used the other to frame a pair of over sized scissors I had laying around. Both the pegboard and the scissors got a coat of gold paint before I hung. Everything else was store bought.

Please share any bedding, art, furniture finds? What's your favorite purchase? Is there something you had to have? Any interesting facts our readers would want to know?
Both of the large pieces of furniture came from Ikea. Not really a find as a million other people have the same items - I just really liked the little bit of personality the curved legs gave each. I was lucky enough to get a ghost chair as a birthday gift last year so it made its way to its rightful place at my desk. Aside from those two pieces and the rug which was found at Target, everything else in here was something I had from my last home.