Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sweet Dr. Seuss Nursery

Dr. Seuss bedroom ideasValerie Rhymer created this fun Dr. Seuss room for her daughter's baby nursery. Valerie describes the process, "As a fan of children's literature, I wanted to create a Dr. Seuss themed room for my daughter, yet I didn't want something too bold or bright. So I opted for the softer side of Seuss, using pastel colors instead of primary.I painted the illustrations on the walls and furniture using an overhead projector which I purchased at an office supply store for less than $100. I also bought a box of 3M transparency film for laser printers (inkjet printer), which I used to print the illustrations from the Seuss books on my home computer printer. Once I had the images I wanted, I projected them on the wall and painted them using the small bottles of acrylic paint from the arts and crafts store. Then I created the detail using Sharpie markers. I went through several Sharpies because the wall paint would dry up the tip of the markers pretty quickly.For the wall colors I used Freshaire "Rushing Stream" for the blue and Valspar "Celadon" for the green. On the dresser, I used Valspar "Pink Whisper" and "Lemon Sorbet" along with the green and blue from the walls. The crib is Delta Jenny Lind style. I dressed it with a crib skirt from Target and a breathable mesh bumper from Amazon.com. The quilt was handmade by my mother using a pillowcase from Pottery Barn's Dr. Seuss line." "The sheer curtains are also from Pottery Barn, with a curtain rod from Lowe's. The changing table is actually an old desk that I repainted and added new hardware. Beneath it, I mounted a roll-out track for the diaper pail so it can slide underneath the desk when we're not using it.The ceiling fan (very Seuss-ish) is a Harbor Breeze from Lowe's. The glider chair is from Target, and I found the light switch plate cover on Amazon.In general, this room was very affordable because most of the furniture was used and repainted. The wall decorations were so much fun to create and not as difficult as I had imagined. I thoroughly enjoyed creating this room and hope my daughter will treasure it for years to come!" pastel seuss baby nursery

girls dr. seuss baby nurseryLoving the dresser!! dr seuss girls baby nurseryPerfect light fixture for a Seuss room.
pastel dr. seuss nurseryValerie, wonderful job creating such a sweet Dr. Seuss Nursery!



   Davinci Jenny Lind Stationary Crib, White          Trend Lab Dr Seuss ABC 4 Piece Crib Bedding Set            Tren Lab Blue "Cat in the Hat" Embroidery Chair w/ Ottoman


    Dr. Seuss One Fish Stacking Blocks          Graphique Home Decal, Dr. Seuss One Fish Two Fish              Trend Lab Dr.Seuss Oh! The Places You'll Go Wall Clock, Blue       


   Dr. Seuss Why fit in when you were born to stand out wall art wall sayings        Dr seuss Today you are you wall art vinyl decals stickers love kids bedroom             Dr. Seuss If things start happening Don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too wall art wall sayings