Monday, October 26, 2009

Cream, White and Pink Nursery

shabby chic baby nurseryJennifer Holmes created this sweet baby nursery for her little girl Lillian. Jennifer spent time on a lot of DIY projects for the nursery (she said she had a good time making it all). She describes the process, "For our little girl's nursery we first painted the walls a soft pale pink called Melted Ice Cream from Benjamin Moore. Then I built her a little window seat using some MDF and heavy-duty brackets from Lowe's. After that I made a little skirt for the lower part of the window seat and some pillows and cushions. The valance is from Target's Simply Shabby Chic line. I made the draperies leading back to the window seat area and added little ties so that when she is a little older she can close the draperies and that can be her little secret reading area. I made all of her bedding except for the crib sheet. Most of the fabric and trim I bought was from Hancock Fabric's and between $2 and $4 a yard. The small chandelier is from Target and the large one was a gift from my parents from RH Baby and Child. They also gave us the dresser which is also from Target's Simply Shabby Chic Line. The crib was a gift from my husband's parents and is from a store called Katie Mac in SC. I think several retailers also sell it online and it is called the Venetian 3 in 1 crib (or something like that). I made her little mobile from some angel wing Christmas decorations from Pier 1 that were $2 a piece then attached them with ribbon to a embroidery circle that I covered with a feathery type ribbon.

DIY baby mobileLove it: DIY baby mobile made from Christmas ornaments (angel wings).

shabby chic baby nursery
shabby chic baby nursery

shabby chic baby nursery
shabby chic baby nurseryMom worked hard to made this nursery look so adorable. Visit here to see Jennifer's other girls room."