Thursday, October 29, 2009

Red & White Charming Girls Room!

The UK has some talented gals and Sam from The Nest is one of them! She decorated her daughters room in red and white - it's completely charming. An ugly, brown smoking chair is what this fresh, fab checkered chair use to be. Sam spent some time reupholstering the chair that was given to her. I want, I need this chair for me... it's so ADORABLE!

Charming and so timeless!


Sam describes the room, "When Lily was born her bedroom was half the size it is now and could only fit a cot, chair and her armoire - we have much smaller houses in the UK than our American cousins unfortunately. Oh what I could do with more space! I am a fan of closets and built in wardrobes. Unfortunately Lily's room was too small for a built in so I bought the Laura Ashley armoire (when it was on sale and as it was very late in arriving they gave me more money off so it ended up being quite a bargain). I knew that we could initially used it for her clothes storage and then when we got round to having our house extended it could be used for toys and games. It came with shelves but we took one shelf out and hung a rail off another. I attached fabric to the inside of the chicken wire doors to hide the mess. It looked adorable with her pretty little dresses hanging in such a teeny space. When we extended her room stayed the same width but doubled in length. We had a closet built and the armoire became a game cupboard. Her doll house sits on an old victorian kitchen table which was cut down to make a small coffee table. I plan on painting this to blend in with her room more....one day!"


"I made most of the pictures on her wall. My favourite one is a piece of a tea towel I bought in a gorgeous shop in Biarritz in the South of France. It is a typical basque heart design embroidered in a deep red. I cut this bit out and mounted it then painted a cheap plain frame in a similar shade of red which I had to mix myself until I got the right shade."



I also need these polka dot suitcases. Thank you Sam! You're quite the talent: )