Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gender Neutral Bird-Inspired Nursery

Here's a special baby nursery that is just right for a baby boy or baby girl! A bird-inspired nursery with bright colors of orange and teal make this a fun gender neutral modern baby room. Wall paint is Eddie Bauer Java at Lowes.



First time mom Taryn says, "There are a variety of ways to design a gender neutral nursery and birds are one theme that fits perfectly! I designed the room to be gender neutral because we didn't know what we were having until the big day! I chose a bird inspired theme and wanted to keep the style of the room on the more modern/contemporary side. I went with dark gray walls and pops of orange and teal.  I made all of the artwork in the room including the canvas wall art and the bird mobile. I love how the room turned out! It's inviting, completely one of a kind and something my daughter can grow with.



Meet my DIY bird mobile.  I handmade each of the birds using fabric I had in my collection along with a few new swatches I picked up at the local fabric store. After the birds were done, I attached them to a wreath I spray painted white.

The rocking chair was my big splurge for the nursery. Pottery Barn makes such comfy chairs, I couldn’t resist! We chose the rocker over the glider because this one came with chair legs, so down the road we can use the chair in different room. Brilliant idea PB!"











Birch branches with lights makes a great night light.






Visit mom Taryn’s blog, Designing, Dining + Diapers, for more nursery details. Thanks for sharing!




Check out some charming pieces for the nursery...