Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Playbills As Wall Art!

Do you have a favorite playbill, children's play or dance program you have been saving? Don't know what to do with all the playbills/programs you collect over the years? Here is an original and affordable way to display playbills - frame them and display as wall art. I actually purchased these frames several years ago, knowing I wanted to display our playbills (sometimes it takes me a while to get projects done  ; ) ). I am reminded every time I walk up my stairs of how much I love attending plays and the memories associated with them.









Wicked is one of my all time favorite Broadway plays.  Three of these playbills shown we actually haven't seen the play (Mary Poppins, Spiderman and War Horse). So, I visited Playbill.com (great resource) and printed out a few playbills of plays that we would like to see and added them to our collection.



We traced around the picture frames onto kraft paper, cut out and taped the paper to the wall. This is an easy way to figure out the spacing and how we wanted to hang the frames on the wall without a lot of nail holes in the wall. We then marked (through the paper) where the nail hole should go. The paper is removed before the frame is hung.



If you don't have a lot of playbills/programs, start by using playbill images from a Playbill on Broadway Wall Calendar. Another way to display playbills is to arrange an assortment of them in one large frame.