Thursday, January 5, 2012

Air-Dry Stamped Clay Pendants & Link Up Party

As always I am excited to share with you all one of my latest projects...


I have been playing with clay lately and came up with some little things,
among them there is this Clay Stamped Pendant.








TUTORIAL


1


Make a ball with your hands...










2


After make it flat with the help of a roller or just squish it with the bottom of a cup.
I made mine about a 1/4".










3


Use the lid of glue stick as a  punch holder to make a perfect circle.
Just remove the EXTRA clay and press softly the side of the clay to have it come out of the lid...






4


Stamp It!
Use any type of letter stamps.
I found mine at the Scrapbooking  aisle at Wal-Mart for just a dollar.








5


Poke a hole for the chain. I used a nail to make mine.






The size of the hole need to be big enough to put whatever you are hanging the pendant from through...








NOTE: I got my chain at Walt-Mart also.
It comes in one long piece but with enough locks to make four...






If you end up getting this one fold the chain in half and cut it...
And then fold each half in half and cut it again...
You will end with four chains for around $3 total.








6


OK... back to the pendants ;)
Let the clay dry  naturally or turn the oven at 175º and let the heat dry the clay for about 10 minutes.


Make sure you check often and pull it out as soon as the clay feels dry.


Then paint it...
I spray painted mine in silver.
To make the letters stand out I used an antiquing glaze.
I am sure you can use regular acrylic paint as well,  just wipe off the excess with a damp napkin WHILE THE PAINT IS WET.


You are done!




This is a great alternative for the Stamped Washer Necklaces.










There are so many different possible designs, colors and shapes that you can make with the clay.
This would make such  a cute gift for any occasion and a fun project to make with kids.


I would love for you to visit my blog  The 36th AVENUE and see some more of my work.


The 36th AVENUE


Thank You Toni for having me and giving me the opportunity to share
my little necklaces  here at your fabulous blog!





++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you Desiree for sharing such a fun project to make with kids! I'm sure your kids have a blast helping you create some of your terrific projects!





Our link up party is tonight 9:01 PM PST or 12:01 AM EST.  Please come back and "Share Your Awesomeness"!













No linking to selling sites or giveaways. Have fun and leave some love (comments) and visit some amazing bloggers.
All link ups should be related to design and decorating with kids (babies, kids or teens)!
Please link back to Design Dazzle so others can share in the awesomeness!
Each week I will choose several of "My Favorites" from the link up party. "My Favorites" will be featured on the following weeks link up party. Your post needs to be linked to Design Dazzle to be considered for the "My Favorites" post.
By entering our link up party, you give Design Dazzle permission to use any part of your post including pictures.