Sunday, November 27, 2011

Decorate Cookies Using Edible Food Markers

Hello Design Dazzle readers! Tanya here from Save the Date for Cupcakes. I am thrilled to be guest blogging for 100 Ideas of Christmas Wonderful! Every year during the holidays I find something "sweet" to do with my kids. This year I thought it would be fun to let the kids decorate sugar cookies using edible food color markers! It's the perfect way to personalize a gift from the heart.




For this project I used the Sugar Cookie recipe found HERE . I let the kids roll/cut out their own fondant and cookies. I used the Wilton Ready-to-Use Rolled Fondant. I purchased a set of food color markers from Michaels, and set out lots of cute edible candies for the kids to decorate their cookies.

















We used two different size cookie cutters. The smaller one for the cookie, and the next size up for the fondant. Once the cookies were cooled we rolled, cut, and decorated the fondant. We brushed the bottom of the fondant with a little bit of water so that it would adhere to the cookie. The kids really enjoyed the whole process.







We found these cute little gift card boxes (two for 1.00) while we were at Michaels and thought it would be such a sweet idea to decorate matching cookies to gift! I think it's important to never forget that it's not the gift that counts, it's the thought! Give something handmade/homemade this year.















275