Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Burlap Pumpkin's TUTORIAL

Hi ladies!



I am excited to be back visiting from The 36th Avenue.


Can you believe that Thanksgiving is around the corner?


As we all know Holidays can be as expensive as they are fun...


A few dollars here and a few dollars there after a while end being a LOT of dollars
and I don't know about you but I personally don't like that.


So this year our Thanksgiving Table is done with things I have all over the house... Today I am sharing with you a simple way to decorate your table using burlap pumpkins.




To make them you'll need burlap, pins and whatever you choose to fill them up with.
{ Towels, t-shirts or even plastic bags will work perfectly }


FIRST
 Place a towel in the shape of a pumpkin in the middle of a burlap square.
The size of the square will determine the size of your pumpkin.


SECOND


Gather all the fabric on top of the pumpkin as shown in the picture.




THIRD


Hold the fabric together with an elastic band and insert a stick in the middle.
I got the stick from my back yard ;) ...At this point they will look like this.


FOURTH
Here is where the magic happens... Don't cut the fabric on top.
Start folding it forming  leaves.  Then hold them down with pins...




...or you can add a few stitches where needed.




It will take you less than 15 minutes to make them!


I'm using mine as the center piece on our Thanksgiving Table.
I would love for you to visit my blog and see the final look of the place where we are going to eat turkey until we drop :)




While visiting make sure you check out the


I love Fall!


Thank You so MUCH Toni for having me today!








Desirée




The 36th AVENUE