Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shabby Chic Vintage Nursery

Loving this sweet vintage, shabby chic nursery! Designed by Vicki for her daughter Sofia - Vicki was 9 months pregnant when she painted the tree mural. In a few years this room will transition nicely into a "big" girl room. According to Vicki: "I created this room for my daughter who was born Feb 1st, 09. I've always loved shades of "Tiffany" blue and I think that this room reflects that - Diamond Vogel paint, "Cobalt Blue". I am so happy with how the hand painted wall tree mural turned out. I taped (double sided tape) large fake peonies to the wall to add dimension. The leaves are gold metallic. I also added a peacock last minute. This was all painted in one day while 9 months pregnant! I finally got the Pottery Barn Catalina magazine wall rack that I've had my eye on for a year now (roughly $100). A previously used mirror from another location in the house serves as her dressor mirror (I think it was from Home Depot for about $99). It's a little larger than I think I would have liked ideally, but I've gotten used to it. Corner antique cream estate sale table $27. Two wall shelves $4 each, Hobby Lobby. A hand me down crib from Grandma's house (checked for safety of course), and the white dresser is from American furniture, roughly $350. Curtains are discontinued target Shabby Chic collection from Ebay. Chandelier $130. Brown side table, flea market find $30. Enjoy! The bumper and the fitted sheet are from Target from the Shabby Chic collection."