Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Poodles, Paris and a Pink Bedroom

Are you into Poodles, Pink or Paris? If so, you might like this room that I designed for my daughter (she use to love pink:)) I started collecting items for this room a little over four years ago. We found out we were moving - so I held off on starting on the room until we moved; I finished the room over 2 years ago. I painted the wall stripes Cupcake by Martha Stewart ( the paints are no longer available but I do have the formula below). The lighter color of the paint is 75% of the original color.



Here's the formula for 8367 Cupcake (Martha Stewart Signature is no longer made). If you take this formula to Sherwin Williams they will make it for you:



Sherwin Williams Luminous White base gallon size

Maroon                          1 (64)

R4 New Red    47 (32)   1 (64)

Y3-Deep Gold   1 (32)      1  (120)



the numbers in parentheses are the colorant oz

not sure if the maroon is R1?? This paint color is the darker of the pink stripes. 


 
Sewing is a hobby of mine; I sewed the polka dotted seat cushion and collected the rest of the pillows. The wood awning was designed by me and put together by my contractor (who happened to be at our house installing kitchen cabinets).

paris theme bedroom

paris themed girls roomRound mirror was purchased at Lowes for $10 (don't cha love these kind of finds). As you can see in the reflection of the mirror, there is a full length mirror on the opposite wall (purchased for $6 from Walmart). I hot glued black feather boas around the perimeter of the mirror.

Chair was designed and made by me a couple of years ago. I should blog about it - it's a no sew project. It's amazing what a hot glue gun, fishing line and a rubber band can do:):)

girls paris bedroomChalkboard paint was used on the closet doors. The doors are trimmed out in the same pink as the dark stripes on the wall. The little heart (with wings) next to the closet doors holds the chalk. My daughter and her friends are constantly writing and rewriting on the chalkboard.

pink paris girls roomYes, I know there are no photos in the photos frames. One day....

poodles paris girls bedroomI love this tea set. I purchased 20 sets when I owned my party business (sold the business and the tea sets). Here is a similar tea set.



This rug was designed and painted by me (inspired by this rug). Want to make your own floor rug? Check out tomorrows blog post for a how-to project.



I've been in love with this mannequin dress form - ever since I saw it. The manufacturing company no longer makes it(:



Yes, this use to be a brass chandelier - until I got a hold of it. Blogged about here.



Purchase Eiffel Tower wall decal here.

I know, I know these hat boxes are the cutest!!





For more details and pricing - click here.



How adorable would this artwork look in a Parisian theme bedroom? Which art would you choose...the sophisticated ladies, the chandeliers, the proper dogs or the cute whimsical poodle? Art prices start at $50 each.



For more details and pricing - click here.
For more details and pricing - click here.



For more details and pricing - click here.


Loving this custom bedding - click here for more details

This bedding is $159 - click here for details.



Do you enjoy design and decorating ideas for babies, kids and teens? Need inspiration? Love DIY projects? Don't want to miss out on great party ideas? Become a Design Dazzle follower!