Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cupboard Doors - Made Into Picture Boards & Chalkboards

What to do with old cabinet or cupboard doors? We went through a kitchen remodel a couple of years ago. I still have several doors I haven't tossed yet - knowing I was going to "chalkboard" them; haven't gotten around to it yet - give me a couple of more years:) So I came across these photos from Stacie at The Creative Crate. She has done a few things I wouldn't have thought of with cabinet doors - adding chicken wire to make picture boards and coat hanger hooks to the chalkboard doors. I'm loving these...

Stacie: "Here is another fun, cute way to display pictures. I just took cabinet door frames and stapled chicken wire in the middle with a staple gun. With the clothes pins, I traced around each clothes pin on some scrapbook paper and cut out with an exact-o knife. Then distressed the edges with an ink pad then glued it on. Then I tied a cute ribbon around."



Thank you Stacie for your great ideas! Here's another fabulous chalkboard idea from Stacie.