Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Brown & Blue Fabulous Baby Nursery!

Kristen O'Kelley designed this delightful baby nursery for her little boy Luke. Her choice in paint colors and fabrics is exquisite! I asked Kristen a few questions about the room...

What gave you the idea for the room? Anything special that inspired you? I was inspired by both the old story book pages (a 1943 "Look and Learn" book) and the fabric. The blue background and the dogs and birds in the fabric gave it that "boy" feel, while still being a fabric that would grow with Luke. I thought the storybook was just so adorable and gives the room a classic little boy feel.

What are the paint colors? Sherwin Williams: "Drizzle" SW6479 and "Burnished Brandy" 7523 for the stripes. And Benjamin Moore's "Lenox Tan" for above the trim.
Any do-it-yourself projects? Yes! I sewed everything you see! The bedding, blanket, pillow, and the window treatments. My husband stepped in for the frame of the window treatments and the black trim around the room. He included 2 hooks on the trim on each side of the crib, a nice place to hang special outfits or even a place for a towel after a bath.

Please share any bedding, art, furniture finds? What's your favorite purchase? Is there something you had to have? Any interesting facts our readers would like to know?
The crib you see has been passed down in my family, I slept on it myself! I love the Pottery Barn wall book shelf, it's Luke's favorite thing in his room also. My splurge was the recliner that I got to match my bedding, it's by Lane Furniture, also a piece that can grow with Luke.
My favorite purchase was the red tractor. Although my dad picked it out himself and gave this to us as a gift, I couldn't have found anything better to finish the nursery. Red is the perfect color to compliment the blues and browns and every little boy needs a tractor, right?! The rug is from Target, the black changing hutch is from JCPenney, the main fabric is "The Hunt" (in blue mist) by Duralee.





Thanks to Kristen for sending in her baby nursery photos. This room is so wonderful and I love that Kristen did all the sewing for the nursery!! Check out Kristen's blog here.