Friday, April 3, 2009

Sweet Vintage Baby Nursery

Valerie Allen (vgkchick) designed this sweet vintage room for her daughter. Love the colors, the charm and the thriftiness!! Check out more of her photos on flickr.
Valerie:I really enjoyed decorating my daughters pink room. Many of the items were re purposed or recycled. It was such fun pulling everything together to make it work.

Valerie: The lamp was made from artificial flowers bought from the craft store. Simply cut the flowers from the stem and adhere with a hot glue gun. The clothes line was hung up with twine and I hung the little dresses with clothes pins that were painted with acrylic paint. The vintage dresses I found from a clothing store that was shutting down. They were all thrown in a paper bag, I bought them all! The dresser was one that I had when I was growing up- straight from Sears circa early 80's! Bedding and curtains were all sewn by my mother in law. We found all the fabric at a really great price at a local fabric store SAS Fabrics by the Pound. Many of the fabrics you pay by it's weight. The quilt, and framed embroidery prints were all purchased from goodwill at a bargain. The ballet shoes were mine when I was a wee one. I am so glad that my mom saved many of these things so I could use them in my little girl's room.





Valerie: The wall paint is Pink Petals from Benjamin Moore. It is a great shade of pink, not too overwhelming. The crib was purchased new, it is from Wal Mart and was a great fit for the room. I have always wanted a dress form and found the perfect one at a local store in Phoenix, called Figs. I then attached vintage postcards with the same painted clips that I used for the dress line. The large Audrey Hepburn print came from Target and it was a must have, our little girl was named after her. Thank you Valerie for sharing you charming room with us!