Monday, April 20, 2009

The Cutest Birds & The Trees Room!

girls room decorating ideasBring whimsical style to a bedroom with birds, bright colors and colorful prints. We all know that owls are known for their wisdom, but in this case mom knows best. Diane D designed this bedroom for her daughter - isn't this room the sweetest?
Diane: "The furniture is the Antique White Jenny Lind collection from Land of Nod, and the bedding (including the stuffed owls) is the Brooke collection by (you guessed it!) Pottery Barn Kids. The gingham curtains are from Pottery Barn Kids, as well. I found the green birds (hanging over the bed) at Pottery Barn Outlet for like $5 each. Great deal! My husband Angelo, and my 76 year old father (who thinks he's Superman!) painted the room the cheerful blue and subtle green that you see, and I painted the murals myself. It's relaxing for me. I did it even while fighting off a migraine!"
shabby chic girls room
adorable girls room What an amazing and adorable room! To view more room photos, click here. Diane also decorated her daughter's baby nursery - look for the upcoming post.

Do you enjoy design and decorating ideas for babies, kids and teens? Need inspiration? Love DIY projects? Become a Design Dazzle follower and have fun viewing all of our creative endeavors.