Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baby Nursery Designed by Dad

If you believe a baby nursery should embody a contemporary and modern environment, then you will be inspired by this cool nursery. What makes this nursery even more special is the room was designed completely by dad, Grant Cain.



The room embraces light-filled space, minimal furnishings and vibrant color. I love the orange accents and the typography pillow. You know this dad is a keeper when he frames this quote "The most important thing a father can do for his children, is to love their mother."
The following comments are by Grant the Design Dad:
"This is a modern nursery for our first child, Carter. I didn't let my wife see the room for over a month. I was trying to achieve a space that was sanctuary for our first child. A room that could evolve as he gets older with very little effort. I wanted something that was simple and not too whimsical. But still held the heart and spirit of a child's world and was reflective a child's imagination and wonder. I chose a complementary color scheme and went to work! The wall/furniture art are all vinyl decals. The brown and white dresser is from Ikea. Originally the door fronts were black/brown as well but I dismantled them and painted them white. I then used white contact paper on the back of the frosted glass as I don't care for look of frosted glass door fronts once you actually have things behind them. Other items in the room: The wall art is from walltat.com, whatisblik.com and vinylwallart.com. The bedding is from Babies R Us, designed by Amy Coe (great designer for modern nurseries). The window panels are from Pottery Barn Kids. And my favorite...the rug is from Land Of Nod. I am very happy with the end result but even happier when I see my wife just sitting in the room looking around and taking all in." More incredible room photos here.