Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Clever Idea: Sweet Valance

creative girls room valanceThese pink and green valances have got to be the cutest idea for a little girls room. Rebecca Forbush created the valance idea and her husband helped out by constructing the frame.

What gave you the idea for the room? Anything special that inspired you?

For my daughter's room, I already thought of her as being my little princess before she was even born, so that was my inspiration.... just wanted a completely girly room!

What are the paint colors? Any do-it-yourself projects? That valance is too cute!


Sorry, but don't have the exact paint colors to share with you. In my daughter's room I painted the sign hanging over her crib, added the ribbon to the 3 frames above her bed, painted the dresser, little rocking chair and the growth chart. The valence was really easy to do (if you have a husband like mine that can cut the mdf) :) He built the frame for me, then I stretched padding over it and stapled it, covered it with the green material, added the ribbon and then covered buttons with the same ribbon for the extra detail. The panels that are hanging are just from Wal Mart.
Please share any bedding, art, furniture finds? What's your favorite purchase? Is there something you had to have? Any interesting facts our readers would want to know?

The bedding for my daughter's room came from Babies R Us. My favorite purchase was the chandelier in my daughter's room. I searched and searched, trying to find one that wasn't too big and also was reasonable in price. I was able to find this one at a local store for under $100.
Love, love this...tulle hanging from the ceiling medallion to the room corners! This makes a big statement and is relatively inexpensive.


Thanks Rebecca for sharing such a darling room!