Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wood Awning

Isn't this the cutest window awning? Mary is a talented artist who owns Blooming Ideas. She painted this wood awning for the outside of her home. Check out her blog for more photos and some funny stories.
Window awnings are a great way to add a visual element of interest to the outside of a home. But what about the inside of a home? I have personally used window awnings as indoor window treatments - they make a statement in a bedroom or playroom. Awnings look great made out of fabric or wood and really dress up a window. I designed and made two wood window awnings-one was made for my daughters room and one for the playroom. Well actually - I made one wood awning and had my contractor make the second one. Due to the fact the first one took me all day to design and make, yes all day! I had no d-i-y plans - it was trial and error. The second awning I got smart and hired my contractor to make it and install it. If you have instructions, it's actually not too bad for a do-it-yourself type. Someday I'll post instructions on how to make a wood awning.