Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rainbow Wreath



Hello! I am so excited that Toni asked me to come over today because I am a big HUGE fan of Design Dazzle. In fact, it was the first blog I ever followed and truly inspired me to be creative.



My name is Lina and I write a blog called Fancy Frugal Life. I am a mom of two kiddos who loves thrifting, holiday decor, birthday parties, kids rooms, and anything DIY or creative on a dime. I always say I have chic taste with a shabby budget!







Today I am sharing a fun, easy project I made in preparation for my daughter's upcoming birthday party. She has chosen rainbows as the theme. I decided to cut a foam wreath form in half to make a felt circle rainbow wreath.



For this project you will need about 1/8 yard felt of 5 colors of the rainbow plus white for the clouds, scissors, pins, and your foam wreath form cut in half.



All you do is cut your felt in what seems like a zillion circles. I used a small cup for my stencil. My circles were about 3 inches for the colors and the white circles about 5 inches. Fold the circles in half and then in half again and pin the pointy ends to the foam. Yes it's time consuming...I just watched 2 episodes of Parenthood on the DVR while making this :)




So now I will have this to hang up at the RAINBOW party!



Remember to.....






Thanks for having me Toni! If you liked this I hope you'll drop by Fancy Frugal Life and follow along. Have a beautiful day.